Business Development Consultant
Position Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-time
We are looking for a Business Development Consultant to join our team. We are looking for a motivated professional who has worked in the IT industry to be able to generate leads, move business through the pipeline, and drive business development plans to engage and build relationships.
- Research organizations to develop prospecting lists
- Create leads for Managers through proactive outreach (e-mail and phone)
- Respond to incoming leads and information requests
- Coordinate efforts with outsourced lead generation partners
- Prepare and perform online presentations (ex. analyst briefings) to engage prospects, develop relationships and provide valuable information to the market
- Graduate leads into the sales pipeline by scheduling meetings through the presentation process
- Work collaboratively with Managers to follow up on leads, provide follow up materials as needed, participate in ROI business case presentations and sales presentations
- Work with Manager to identify regional markets and opportunities for focused sales initiatives (ie. Conferences, roundtable dinner/discussions)
- Identify target attendees and secure involvement
- Research and contact key individuals of influence at target companies to develop, assess and qualify their need for services
- Exceptional relationship building skills and currently networked into the Chicago Metro community.
- Must be comfortable attending events to build relationships and making follow-up calls to generate leads and new business
- Ability to guide prospects and customers through complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty.
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 4-5 years of sales experience and proven track record selling solutions into at least 1 of the following verticals: Commercial Sector, Public Sector or Higher Education.
- Solutions could include Custom Development (Web and Mobile) and application solutions: Oracle, Hyperion, Anaplan, Workday, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Ability to apply out-of-box thinking
- Experience within the IT Consulting field is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be comfortable cold calling for new business
- Self -motivator with strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to successfully follow through on assigned tasks
Clarity Partners, LLC is a privately held full-service management, technology, and trial consulting firm. We were founded in Chicago, IL in 2004 on the principle of providing big firm consulting best practices with the innovation, efficiency, and personal attention typically found in smaller firms. Inc. Magazine has named us one of the fastest-growing companies in America for the last four years.
Clarity Partners, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.