Position Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-time
We are looking for a Java Developer to join our team with at least a year of experience in Java/J2ee and interface task orders. This developer will be performing java development maintenance for front-end web development, batch development, and flat file creation.
- Collaborate with a team of application specialists supporting our client’s enterprise applications.
- Develop and unit test web services.
- Ability to develop using http-based web applications
- Recent experience interpreting UML and User Story based use cases to drive development
- Ability to translate business requirements into code in compliance with defined development standards including all code documentation.
- Hands-on experience using Eclipse / Visual Studio or other integrated development environment platform
- Resolve defects in a timely manner (including unit testing)
- Active participation in performance tuning across both application and network tiers
- Assess and triage issues. Escalating issues to management as appropriate.
- Organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Participate in cross training and knowledge sharing of best practices within and outside of the team.
- Rapidly learn new applications and technologies as new systems are added to CAI’s scope.
- Promote team work and effective communication. Foster mutually beneficial working relationships with all CAI and client team members.
- Deliver defect-free programs that are compliant with industry and application best practices.
- Analyze periodic vendor released application upgrades, utilizing application server technologies, such as JBoss.
- Define and execute system tests.
- Perform documentation and participate in code review sessions.
- Maintain system documentation.
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Strong analytical, documentation, and leadership skills
- Experience in large, complex systems integration efforts in a software development role
- Skills using a Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as RAD 7.5 or above
- Object Oriented analysis and design using Singleton, Factory and DAO design patterns
- Understanding of MVC architecture
- Experience with relational databases and writing SQL statements
- Additional technical knowledge of working with Angular JS, Eclipse, UML, and SQL is a plus
Clarity Partners, LLC is a privately held full-service management and technology consulting firm. We were founded in Chicago, IL in 2004 on the principle of providing big firm consulting best practices with the innovation, efficiency, and personal attention typically found in smaller firms. Inc. Magazine has named us one of the fastest-growing companies in America for the last four years.
Clarity Partners, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.