Network Manager - Hospital Information Systems (HIS)
Position Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-time
The Network Manager provides guidance, oversight and best practices for the a local hospital network practice, enabling team members to implement and maintain network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure HIS service availability to system users. The Network Manager is responsible for the design, installation, and support of all the hospital computer network services, including local-area networks (LAN), wide- area networks (WAN), network segments, Voice-Over-IP (VOIP) services, VPN tunnels, and Internet and Intranet systems. The Network Manager is also responsible for gathering data to identify customer needs and apply that data in identifying, interpreting and evaluating system and network requirements as well as coordinating and implementing network security measures. The Network Manager provides customer support, maintenance, and administration to the HIS department's network.
- Provides guidance, oversight, training, and best practices to empower the HIS network practice
- Supervises and fosters built-in quality within the HIS network practice
- Participates in planning, definition, and high-level design of solutions and explores solution alternatives; represents the network practice perspective in architecture decisions
- Works with Customers, stakeholders, Suppliers, and other team members to establish high-level network requirements, design, intent, and deliverables; helps establish the solution models and documents network requirements
- Establishes critical network related Nonfunctional Requirements such as reliability, security, recoverability, and scalability at the solution level; participates in the definition of others
- Analyzes and validates the economic impact of network design decisions and provides recommendations on spending
- Works with stakeholders to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enabling network platforms
- Participates in Planning, Solution Demos, and Retrospective events
- Defines, explores, and supports the implementation of network platforms to evolve and modify requirements, design, intent, and deliverables; works directly with Service Teams to implement, explore, or support their needs
- Works with HIS Management to plan and develop the network Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business Features/Capabilities
- Works with HIS Management to determine capacity allocation for enablement work
- Serves as the product owner for all CCHHS computer network services, including local-area networks (LAN), wide- area networks (WAN), network segments, Voice-Over-IP (VOIP) services, VPN tunnels, and Internet and Intranet systems.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Over 10 years' experience supporting a complex, highly available network environment (Healthcare or Finance experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of Cisco Management Solutions, Intrusion Detection, Firewall, Voice-Over-IP, and Network Policy Manager Software packages (Cisco Collaboration, Software Defined Networking, and Hybrid Cloud experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to open and close support calls
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with employees and end-users at various skill levels
- Ability to work in a team environment and mentor other junior members
- Must be able to multitask and require minimal supervision to bring network related incidents to closure
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or Cisco Certified Design Engineer (CCDE) certification required (Certifications in Collaboration, Datacenter, Routing and Switching, or Wireless preferred)
- Bachelors degree or over 12 years of networking experience with Cisco or network appliances.
Clarity Partners, LLC is a privately held full-service management, technology, and trial consulting firm. We were founded in Chicago, IL in 2004 on the principle of providing big firm consulting best practices with the innovation, efficiency, and personal attention typically found in smaller firms. Inc. Magazine has named us one of the fastest-growing companies in America for the last four years.
Clarity Partners, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.