Oracle Applications DBA & Infrastructure Architect
Position Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-time
We are looking for a consultant who has experience within the Oracle E-Business Suit, Hyperion, & Business Intelligence field. Under the ERP Technical Manager, this consultant would be responsible for handling all database administrative activities related to Oracle E-Business Suite, Hyperion and OBIEE in a vendor hosted cloud environment. Assist in all facets of infrastructure lifecycle management activities. Perform administrative activities such as cloning, backup/restore, and patching. Develop database schemas in coordination with application programming staff. Ensure quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data in compliance with the client’s security standards. Results oriented and measured against project deliverables and management effectiveness. Manage reliability, availability, and security of the systems, regardless of its physical location. Maintain and support existing production and non-production Oracle databases including backup and recovery and performance optimization.
- Serve as Database Administrator for Oracle EBS Applications environment, other Oracle systems, OBIEE and Hyperion. Patch and clone databases as required. Install and configure Oracle Applications modules and Applications Server modules.
- R12 System Administration tasks such as creating Applications Users, registering Forms, Menus, Functions, Responsibilities and Concurrent Programs, Creating custom applications and Installing Printers. Using Oracle Applications Manager tool to perform system administrator tasks.
- Ensure maximum system availability using Oracle High-Availability tools and design including Oracle Real Application Clusters and Oracle Data Guard.
- Performance tuning -- DB (11g/12c) and R12 Apps.
- Develop and analyze highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Parallel concurrent processing setup and configuration.
- Analyze database performance, reorganize database as needed, monitor current and projected database disk space usage, develop reliable and timely backup, export and upgrade procedures. Provide afterhours support as needed.
- Supervise database design elements of the development of applications. Work closely with vendors and contracted staff to evaluate software upgrades for their effect on database integrity and performance.
- Enforce guidelines that result in orderly development of the database. Define database structures. Develop and document standards for database administration and security compliance
- Create and maintain descriptors for data, users, and resources. Conduct database training. Provide database support for software applications developers. Provide resources to assist users in data retrieval techniques.
- Coordinate with other agency Database Administrators with regards to definition and use of enterprise data and guide database issues. Consult with system administration group on issues such as placement of data on volumes and performance standards.
- Establish and maintain procedures for review and control of all requests for additions and deletions to the central database.
- Oversee the development of data design elements in coordination with Information Technology planning. Assist in technical support of integrated database design.
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten (10) years’ full-time work experience as Oracle database administrator
- Eight (8) years’ full-time work experience as Oracle Applications DBA performing administration activities related to Oracle database, Oracle EBS, Hyperion, and BI Applications.
- Experience with defining infrastructure architecture in a cloud environment
- Experience administering and performance tuning Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Experience implementing Oracle Real Application Clusters and Oracle Data Guard for high availability, data protection, and disaster recovery
- Experience administering Oracle EBS Financials, Supply Chain, and HR/Payroll applications.
- Experience administering Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Experience administering Essbase and Oracle Hyperion Public Sector Planning and Budgeting application
- Experience with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Eight (8) years of enterprise level database administration experience with Oracle RDBMS, including performance tuning and monitoring, SQL, and PL/SQL, and backup and recovery, RMAN, and Data Guard
- Experience administering systems in Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Experience using Oracle Enterprise Manager and other tools for availability and performance monitoring
- Strong leadership and team building skills inspiring others to work toward collective success
- Skill utilizing system and database performance and tuning and experience with relational database design/development
- Strong technical background and strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to perform object oriented analysis and design analysis
- Experience with SDLC best practices
- Self-motivated to keep up with current trends and new technologies in software development
Clarity Partners, LLC is a privately held full-service management, technology, and trial consulting firm. We were founded in Chicago, IL in 2004 on the principle of providing big firm consulting best practices with the innovation, efficiency, and personal attention typically found in smaller firms. Inc. Magazine has named us one of the fastest-growing companies in America for the last four years.
Clarity Partners, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.