Project Manager – Web Services
Position Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-time
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our consulting practice. The project manager will interact with their clients to gather requirements for the implementation of their software application; create and manage project plans; and monitor and communicate progress and status.
- Overall project management including personnel, budgets, timeline and outcomes
- Keep track of tasks and deliverables. Be sure materials, information and sign offs from clients are coming in a timely fashion. Monitor overall project status/milestones; communicate with client and internal resources as needed. Work the project plan with colleagues and with client.
- Serve as the key point of contact between client and internal resources about issues as they come up review and iron out requests; keep track of open questions and issues; follow up on issues to determine what might be blocking movement on a given project
- Must be able to scope, size, estimate new opportunities, identify resource requirement, create SOW and any other required project documentation
- Must be able to independently interface with business users, conduct meeting, record minutes, action items, follow through on conclusion of meetings
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Experience working with budgets of $500,000 or more
- Experience managing custom developed application projects
- Strong Interpersonal skills, self-motivated, well-organized, multi-tasker, analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Team Player: Flexible and willing to work with different personalities and working styles
- Ability to guide clients accordingly to new technologies
- Ability to establish and maintain positive on-going client relationships
- Comfortable driving team and pushing back when necessary
- Ability to assess project risk
- Experience managing a diverse team of developers and designers
- Functional Experience: Experience in team requirements gathering and strategies for achieving client business goals
- Experience managing and executing testing/Quality Assurance, communicating test status, and managing the resolution of defects
- Understands the elements of User Experience and the application and benefits of a User-Centered Design process in the delivery of solutions
- Maintains a leading edge understanding of new technologies and their potential application to client base
- Lead team estimation and planning resulting in project plan creation
- Provides quality oversight on deliverables prior to client submission
- PMP certification a plus
Clarity Partners, LLC is a privately held full-service management and technology consulting firm. We were founded in Chicago, IL in 2004 on the principle of providing big firm consulting best practices with the innovation, efficiency, and personal attention typically found in smaller firms. Inc. Magazine has named us one of the fastest-growing companies in America for the last four years.
Clarity Partners, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.