Public Sector Microsoft Dynamics ERP (AX) Senior Consultant
Position Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-time
Clarity Partner’s Public Sector practice helps government entities improve performance and efficiency across a broad array of their operational needs. Our public sector team members bring solutions that help government leaders, business and IT, with issues across financial management, human resources, customer relationship management, information technology in state and local governments.
Clarity is hiring resources for our Chicago based government Microsoft Dynamics ERP practice. We are seeking an experienced ERP Senior Consultant / Functional Lead with 3 to 5 years of experience implementing tier 1 ERP solutions (Microsoft, Oracle, Workday) in the public sector. The candidate will lead the design and configuration of the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP solution for governmental clients throughout the central region of the US.
As a member of our consulting team you will be responsible for reviewing client business processes, re-engineering the client’s processes to improve efficiency, and performing many of the functional tasks required for a successful AX implementation. You must have a good knowledge of the AX financial modules and hold certifications in the most current versions, or plan on obtaining certifications within 90 days of hire.
- Lead Microsoft Dynamics ERP (AX) Implementations for the following modules:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable,
- Cash Management
- Projects & Grants
- Accounts Receivable
- Fixed Assets
- Financial and Management Reporting
- Work with clients to define the business requirements required to successfully implement a new Microsoft Dynamics Financial solution
- Work with clients to configure Dynamics AX in detail to meet the defined business requirements
- Assist with business process redesign activities
- Work with the technical team to define and test any potential customizations to the solution, including data conversions, interfaces and functional enhancement
- Work with clients to test and validate the final configured solution meets the requirements
- Determine and manage the detailed cutover activities to migrate to the new system
- Assist with Organization Change Management and End-User Training Planning
- Assist clients with questions and issues after cutover.
- Work with Microsoft support if issues arise with the Dynamics AX solution
- Assist with preparing the client organization for ongoing support
- Help grow younger staff in the public sector ERP practice into functional consultants that can lead configuration activities with clients
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience implementing tier 1 ERP solutions in the public sector (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Lawson) – primarily at the state and local level
- Strong familiarity with governmental financial and operational processes, including: General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Projects and Grants, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets
- Places emphasis on client satisfaction and customer success
- Should have participated in all stages of lifecycle in 1-3 Microsoft Financials implementation projects
- Flexibility in working with clients, and ability to find creative solutions to clients’ needs
- Strong communication skills
- The following items would be nice to have:
- Familiarity with the following governmental processes: HR / Payroll, Treasury Management, Utility Billing, Maintenance / Work Order Management
- Travel Requirement: expected travel is 50%
Clarity Partners, LLC is a privately held full-service management and technology consulting firm. We were founded in Chicago, IL in 2004 on the principle of providing big firm consulting best practices with the innovation, efficiency, and personal attention typically found in smaller firms. Inc. Magazine has named us one of the fastest-growing companies in America for the last four years.
Clarity Partners, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.