Position Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-time
We are looking to add a Staff Accountant to our accounting and finance team. The ideal candidate would be a strong individual contributor, team builder, and team player.
- Day-to day bookkeeping including invoicing clients, applying customer payments, recording vendor bills and payments, reimbursing employees, and posting general journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Gain comprehensive understanding of employee benefits, including 401k and insurance, to administer the plans and address questions of team members
- Handle payroll setup and preparation (i.e., PTO, overtime, payroll deductions)
- Participate in evaluation of current systems and implementation of new solutions to support significant business growth
- Prepare monthly financial statements and assist in financial management
- Apply GAAP Accounting and basic financial concepts
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures pertaining to all department activities
- Prepare and file items needed to comply with federal, state, and local requirements
- Collaborate with Controller, HR team, and others on both routine and ad hoc work activities
- Look for ways to increase the efficiency and effectiveness for accounting department activities and overall company operations; recommend solutions, design, and implement process improvements
- Address internal and external (i.e. vendor, customer) issues by researching possible solutions, getting feedback from others, and taking action to close the issue
- Assist in meeting tax accounting deadlines
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Previous experience of 0-2 years in an accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance/accounting from an accredited college or university is required
- CPA preferred
- Strong attention to detail and enjoy spending most of the day with numbers and analytical projects; desire to complete tasks accurately and timely
- Independent and proactive self-starter who takes ownership of his/her work
- Organized and able to prioritize deadlines and tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communicator including the ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Trustworthy and reliable with highly confidential information
- Intellectually curious, quick learner who is able to research solutions independently and also seeks help from others when needed
- Quickbooks or other accounting software experience; MS Excel and other computer skills required
- Proficient in identifying and implementing processes and procedures to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Previous experience working in a startup or growth stage environment is a plus; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and tolerate ambiguity and changing priorities
Clarity Partners, LLC is a privately held full-service management, technology, and trial consulting firm. We were founded in Chicago, IL in 2004 on the principle of providing big firm consulting best practices with the innovation, efficiency, and personal attention typically found in smaller firms. Inc. Magazine has named us one of the fastest-growing companies in America for the last four years.
Clarity Partners, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.