Technical Business Analyst
Position Location: Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full-time
We are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join the team. This candidate will work with stakeholders from all business units and related third parties to define and document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives. The projects may involve program management systems, website developments, and other business information systems. The BA will operate under general or minimum supervision, and perform duties with broad latitude for judgment.
- Analyze and model the business domain to create a complete picture of work-flows and functional requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed software.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Design programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow and/or dataflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Identify and validate the key business requirements.
- Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
- Document, recommend, and make process and configuration changes to various applications.
- Lead cross-functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts.
- Create functional requirements in use cases.
- Create training documents and conduct training sessions for end users and other stakeholders.
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of information systems, and systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with Business Intelligence/Data warehousing tools and skills including data management, database design, SQL, ETL, and OLAP concepts
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills
- Solid writing skills, including technical writing
- Business case development
- Leadership and scope management skills
- Ability to self-manage and work independently or collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficient using MS Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
Clarity Partners, LLC is a privately held full-service management, technology, and trial consulting firm. We were founded in Chicago, IL in 2004 on the principle of providing big firm consulting best practices with the innovation, efficiency, and personal attention typically found in smaller firms. Inc. Magazine has named us one of the fastest-growing companies in America for the last four years.
Clarity Partners, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.