Technical Business Analyst
Position Location: Springfield, IL
Position Type: Full-time
- Performs analyses of complex business operations and, using tools authorized by the Agency, develops requirements and specifications for the creation of client/server and/or Internet based computer systems including determining buy versus build options, preparing cost/benefit and feasibility studies, creating architectural prototypes and specifying conversion requirements for legacy systems;
- Creates implementation plans following the approved software development methodology;
- Acts as a project team leader on complex projects, offering technical supervision over lower level data processing staff in implementing a complex, integrated systems project;
- Independently plans, develops and implements techniques for gathering and interpreting data;
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with pertinent process / system owners and other stakeholders in order to promote an effective partnership between the technical and business components of the Agency;
- Works with the management and staff to effectively implement assigned initiatives
Typical examples of work include:
- Investigates and analyzes assigned business processes to determine and document the specific system requirements;
- Utilizes system/functional decomposition, flowcharting, storyboarding, interviews and related system analysis techniques to create a detailed specification of complex work processes. This may include preparation of process flow diagrams, task descriptions, document and data flows, identification of decision points/criteria, workflow analysis and determination of process interdependencies;
- Investigates and documents business processes to determine computer system requirements;
- Prepares a description of complex systems;
- Develops work plans, cost estimates and analyzes alternative approaches;
- Makes recommendations on system construction options;
- Participates in the analysis and design of common infrastructure components used by development staff in the creation of software applications;
- Reviews existing business processes and systems to evaluate the applicability of new procedures and technologies to improve the effectiveness of Agency operations;
- Coordinates and reviews the development of work products required by the software development methodology;
- Acts as a project team leader, by organizing the activities of development staff and related personnel engaged in data processing functions.
- Serves as business/technical lead to identify potential project strategies, prepare resource plans, develop project schedules, prepare cost estimates, perform analyses of alternative solutions, identify best practices, and prepare concise recommendations regarding the best overall business approach.
Education, Experience and Skills. This role requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related fields (or equivalent knowledge, skill, experience and mental development);
- Five or more years of application analysis and design experience with an emphasis on mainframe, client/server development and/or Internet application development, comprehensive knowledge of procedures and techniques of conducting feasibility and design studies for conversion of legacy applications to client/server and/or Internet construction;
- Relational database design and modeling, graphical user interface design and development and technical implementation and optimization of client/server and/or Internet systems;
- Ability to research and identify technical solutions to business problems, an understanding of development methodologies, tools and techniques and the ability to make recommendations to management about these choices;
- Ability to obtain and maintain rapport and mutual respect with system users;
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both orally and in writing;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a procedural, organizational, administrative and technical nature;
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in the development and completion of work projects;
- Ability to work in a team environment, share information proactively, and take direction from other team members;
- Ability to organize facts and findings, and to present such information in clear and logical form, orally, and through written media such as memoranda, summaries, systems narratives, flowcharts, workflow diagrams and systems and program specifications;
- High degree of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality associated with proprietary or other sensitive information.
- Experience with Agile environment is necessary
Technology Platforms / Tools and Languages:
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio
Clarity Partners, LLC is a privately held full-service management, technology, and trial consulting firm. We were founded in Chicago, IL in 2004 on the principle of providing big firm consulting best practices with the innovation, efficiency, and personal attention typically found in smaller firms. Inc. Magazine has named us one of the fastest-growing companies in America for the last three years.
Clarity Partners, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.